Wilshire Bancorp acquires Bank of Manhattan’s mortgage business Bank of Hope. Hope Bancorp, Inc. is a holding company for Bank of Hope. Bank of Hope was formed through a merger of BBCN Bank and Wilshire Bank. The bank is the largest Korean-American bank in the U.S. The company focuses the business in South Korean expatriate communities, and it offers its customers commercial banking loan.
· A record 2.9 million properties in the U.S. received foreclosure filings last year, according to RealtyTrac. That figure is a 2% increase from 2009 and a 23$% jump from 2008 foreclosure levels.
In the first three months of the year, there were 9,339 foreclosure filings. her husband was laid off in 2011. “We went from a two-income household to a one-income household to a zero-income.
· Of all of the foreclosures in the RealtyTrac online database, Most Foreclosure Properties Not Underwater.. Foreclosures in 2011 to break last year’s record: RealtyTrac.
RealtyTrac says foreclosure filings were reported on 610,337 properties in the third quarter of this year. That translates to one in every 213 homes with a filing during the three-month period.
New Jersey, New York and California saw a resurgence in zombie foreclosures over the past year. the public record data that we’re collecting is an indication that the banks are finally moving.
Foreclosure sales in the state totaled 10,500 last year, or 28 percent of all home sales, according to RealtyTrac Inc. Federal agencies and state attorneys general are investigating the.
· Third-Quarter Rise in Foreclosure Filings Is Just the Start: RealtyTrac 10/12/2011 By: Carrie Bay Data released by RealtyTrac Thursday shows that foreclosure filings – including default notices, scheduled auctions, and bank repossessions – were reported on 610,337 properties in the third quarter of this year. That translates to one in every 213 U.S. housing units.
· New data from RealtyTrac shows foreclosure activity in the U.S. has fallen to its lowest level in 40 months. Filings were reported on 219,258 properties in April, down 34 percent from a year.
Foreclosures fall 17.8% from year ago levels [Infographic] Here’s what you need to know about renting your first apartment corelogic chat shows short sale fraud evolving in unexpected ways Sydney’s median weekly has fallen by 3.1 per cent during the past year, real estate data group CoreLogic has revealed. Despite the falls, it was still Australia’s most expensive city with weekly rent.Where Renting A 2-Bedroom Apartment Costs A Fortune – Deutsche Bank recently released their seventh annual survey of global prices and living standards, finding that rent for a 2-bedroom apartment can prove astronomical, depending on where you live.phoenix home prices are up 9.5% over the last year (July to July). That’s a hot market! Kind of scary hot to me. Prices are up 17.8% since two years ago and 145% since prices bottomed out in May 2011.. On the other hand, Phoenix home prices are now only back to where they were at the top of the real estate bubble in 2006, 12 years ago.
· A record number of households received a foreclosure notice last year. Banks took possession of a record number of homes.. RealtyTrac: Bad 2010 to be followed by worse 2011. And he explains.
Zillow: Housing recovery slows to steadier pace The pace. homes for sale,” Svenja Gudell, chief economist for real estate website Zillow, said in a statement. “What’s more, those homes that are for sale are increasingly unaffordable for.
The number of U.S. homes receiving a foreclosure filing will climb about 20 percent in 2011, reaching a peak for. from November and 26 percent from a year earlier, the biggest annual decline in.
Job gains pass market expectations At 173,000, August’s job gains are below market expectations and make a September rate hike by the Fed less certain. The first Friday of the month at 8:30 EDT is widely anticipated by market participants as the Labor Department presents a fresh gauge of the most recent economic performance in its release of the labor report for the prior month.
Lenders repossessed 1,050,500 homes last year, according to the 2010 end-of-year foreclosure report from RealtyTrac. The annual figure marks a record-high number of new bank-owned properties.
Fed officials stay cautious in shifting market James Bullard, the St louis fed president, went further and voted for an immediate 25bp rate cut. The market has taken this as a signal that a july 25bp rate cut is virtually a done deal with three more to come, but we are not so sure.
Even a quarter’s worth of foreclosure. last year. Bushwick’s 11221 and Bedford-Stuyvesant’s 11233 had 1.87 percent and 1.8 percent rates, respectively, with increases of 45 percent and 47 percent.